This is a message from Kit, the Founder and Executive Director of the Effing Foundation for Sex-Positivity:
I am thrilled to announce that we are re-opening our grant program for 2020-2021! Here’s the biggest news:
- We plan to award ten grants of $5,000 each.
- Our grant submission system will be open for applications from September 1 to September 30, 2021.
- We’ll be announcing winners by the end of March 2022.
- We’ve updated our grant demographic goals for this new grant cycle, including goals specifically to support current/former sex workers and currently/formerly incarcerated people.
- As in previous years, we are unable to accept submissions from individuals, teams, or organizations which are located entirely outside of the United States.
We plan to release as much information about the grant process as possible ahead of time, so you’ll be able to review the application itself and start preparing well ahead of the 9/1 opening date. We’re also planning on publishing a series of short videos about the grant process and about the application itself. We hope to get all of these materials online before June, and we’ll email you as soon as they’re available.
New this year, we’ll be scheduling some open office hours (open meetings) for you to virtually join and ask your specific questions to the Effing team, starting in the summer. We’ll send out email updates about those events as we get them scheduled.
Now is the time to start getting your sex-positive project ideas together! Thank you for your hard work and continued support, and we look forward to sharing more information about the grant process throughout the coming weeks and months.
The Effing Foundation