Dr. Elisabeth Sheff is an expert in legal issues facing gender and sex minorities (GSM), specializing in child custody, divorce, employment discrimination, and criminal offenses.
She has studied GSM populations for the past 20 years, conducting primary research on consensual non-monogamy and kink/BDSM as well as reading other researcher’s work on diverse GSM groups such as lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender, queer, intersex, and other people.
A sociologist and professional lecturer, Dr. Sheff seamlessly integrates data and puts her knowledge in social context to help judges and juries understand members of GSM groups.
- PhD Sociology, 2005
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian Ad Litem, 2012 – 2017
- Fulton County Court Appointed Special Advocates, Atlanta GA
- World’s foremost expert on polyamorous families with children
- Principle Investigator, The Polyamorous Family Study, 20+ year study of polyamorous families with children
- Published three books and over 20 academic articles and chapters
- Certified Sexuality Educator, 2012
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselor, and Therapists (AASECT)
- Documentary analysis, preparation, and written reports
- $1,500 whole day in court